2023 AYE VALIDATION GUIDE
QUESTIONS: PLEASE CALL OR TEXT WHITNEY WALKER AT (479) 841-4045 OR EMAIL ARYOUTHEXPO@GMAIL.COM
Purpose: The purpose of the validation process is to ensure that the livestock exhibited at the Arkansas Youth Expo are in possession of and cared for by the exhibitors. The validation deadline allows us to have proof of ownership by a certain date. This process helps to ensure that every exhibitor is receiving the same treatment and level playing field for their junior livestock projects in the state of Arkansas.
ANIMALS THAT MUST BE NOMINATED:
Instructions (TWO PARTS)
PART 1 OF 2 – ONLINE NOMINATIONS
VISIT https://ayenom.fairwire.com to begin your nominations.
1. In the top right hand corner click “Sign In. Here you will create an account or login with a previously made account. FFA chapters, 4-H clubs, and families can also create accounts to enter multiple exhibitors on one submission as either a “club” or a “quick group”. Once logged in, ensure that all of the exhibitor information is accurate and complete.
2. Click “continue”. Here you will see a button labeled “Add Entries for ___”. Navigate to that button to add an animal for the exhibitor. You will be prompted to choose the department, division, and enter additional information for the animal for this exhibitor. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF ARE FAMILY NOMINATING, YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD THE ANIMAL ON BOTH EXHIBITOR’S ACCOUNTS.
NOTE: AYE RECOMMENDS THAT YOU SAVE YOUR CART AFTER EVERY ENTRY.
3. Once you have added all of your entries for that exhibitor, click the check out button. Once you check out, PRINT YOUR RECEIPT AS YOU WILL NEED THIS IN THE NEXT STEP.
The online portion is now complete. Your nominations are not complete until you finish part 2.
PART 2 OF 2 – PHYSICAL DNA KITS
4. After you submit your validations online, AYE will mail you official DNA envelopes to collect hair samples in. Once you have your receipts from online and your envelopes, you will collect a DNA sample from your animal. Once collected, place the DNA in the AYE enveloped and identify the DNA sample with the exhibitor(s) name(s) and the validation number (the identifying number you used for that animal that is the last 6 digits of the electronic 840 tag).
5. Repeat this step for all animals. If you are family nominating, collect one (1) DNA sample and write all students’ name’s on the sample.
6. You will need one approved signature from the ag teacher or 4-H extension agent who was present when the sample was pulled to validate your animals. Please locate the area on your DNA envelope that requires a signature and have your representative sign the receipt.
6. Postmark all completed and signed DNA kits AND receipts to AYE by July 15th (AYE Mailing Address: 14845 Walker Road Prairie Grove, AR 72753)
The physical DNA portion is now complete and you have completed the validation process.
After July 15th, AYE will post a report with every animal validated on the AYE website. Please check to ensure all of the information is accurate on this report and then complete your entries at (aryouth.fairwire.com) between July 16-July 31st.