QUESTIONS: PLEASE CALL OR TEXT WHITNEY WALKER AT (479) 841-4045 OR EMAIL ARYOUTHEXPO@GMAIL.COM
Purpose: The purpose of the nomination process is to ensure that the livestock exhibited at the Arkansas Youth Expo are in possession of and cared for by the exhibitors. The nomination deadline allows us to have proof of ownership by a certain date. This process helps to ensure that every exhibitor is receiving the same treatment and level playing field for their junior livestock projects in the state of Arkansas.
ANIMALS THAT MUST BE NOMINATED:
ALL MARKET BARROWS
ALL CROSSBRED GILTS
ALL MARKET GOATS
ALL BREEDING DOES
ALL MARKET LAMBS
ALL CROSSBRED BREEDING EWES
ALL MARKET STEERS
ALL COMMERCIAL HEIFERS
Animals that do not nominate (Enter Only July 16-31st)
ALL PUREBRED BREEDING GILTS
ALL PUREBRED BREEDING EWES
ALL PUREBRED BREEDING HEIFERS
Instructions (TWO PARTS)
PART 1 OF 2 – ONLINE NOMINATIONS
VISIT https://ayenom.fairwire.com to begin your nominations.
1. In the top right hand corner click “Sign In. Here you will create an account or login with a previously made account. FFA chapters, 4-H clubs, and families can also create accounts to enter multiple exhibitors on one submission as either a “club” or a “quick group”. Once logged in, ensure that all of the exhibitor information is accurate and complete.
2. Click “continue”. Here you will see a button labeled “Add Entries for ___”. Navigate to that button to add an animal for the exhibitor. You will be prompted to choose the department, division, and enter additional information for the animal for this exhibitor. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IF ARE FAMILY NOMINATING, YOU WILL HAVE TO ADD THE ANIMAL ON BOTH EXHIBITOR’S ACCOUNTS.
NOTE: AYE RECOMMENDS THAT YOU SAVE YOUR CART AFTER EVERY ENTRY.
3. Once you have added all of your entries for that exhibitor, click the check out button. You will not be charged for validations. Once you check out, PRINT YOUR RECEIPT AS YOU WILL NEED THIS IN THE NEXT STEP.
The online portion is now complete. Your nominations are not complete until you finish part 2.
PART 2 OF 2 – PHYSICAL DNA KITS
4. Once you have your receipts from online, you will collect a DNA sample from your animal. Once collected, place the DNA in a sealable bag (Ziploc bags are acceptable) OR envelope THAT HAS A WINDOW and identify the DNA sample with the exhibitor(s) name(s) and the validation number (the identifying number you used for that animal).
5. Repeat this step for all animals. If you are family nominating, collect one (1) DNA sample and write both students’ name’s on the sample.
6. Grab your online receipt! You will need two approved signatures that were present when the sample was pulled to validate your animals. Approved representatives are 4-H leaders, FFA advisors, and Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Representatives. Please locate the area on your receipt that requires signatures and have your representatives sign the receipt. You will need to place this receipt in the mail with your DNA samples.
6. Postmark all completed and signed DNA kits AND receipts to AYE by July 15th (AYE Mailing Address: 14845 Walker Road Prairie Grove, AR 72753)
The physical DNA portion is now complete and you have completed the nomination process.
After July 15th, AYE will post a report with every animal nominated on the AYE website. Please check to ensure all of the information is accurate on this report and then complete your entries at (aryouth.fairwire.com) between July 16-July 31st.